Monday, March 14, 2011

My Ticket

I live in the Strawberry Capital that's in  Plant City, Florida they grow a lot of strawberries.  A lot!   So every March we have the Strawberry Festival and I went this past weekend. People come from all over to see it..   It's like any other festival, food, exhibits, food, booths, concerts  and did I mention food. ??  .. I had already had a strawberry shortcake from a neighbor the day before.. strawberries, tons of whipped cream more strawberries.. So I decided to have a cinnamon bun while there.. it probably weighed 2 lbs. and after I ate the whole thing I had this 2 lb. lump of dough just sitting there .. I didn't eat for the next 24 hours,, I couldn't.. The Art Guild was there with their exhibit and I'll be going to the next meeting of that as I joined while there.. so next year ya'll come to the Strawberry Festival.. .

3 comments:

  1. A ticket to ride, Barbra, and the Art Guild too! You are off and running and this will be an excellent year for you! The world is ready
    and we need you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my dear friend, and you helped me get here too. !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, BJ! You are like an Energizer bunny! Where do you find all the energy??? Coincidentally, I - who never make or buy desserts - had a taste for strawberry shortcake last weekend and bought an angel food cake, strawberries, and whip cream. LOL Now? That cinnamon roll sure sounds divine!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated and I'll be returning the visit. !! BJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...