Wednesday, November 1, 2017

My OCD with Paper

For a number of years I have made art journals, junque journals, journal journals.  I have several how to books and one of them is called "The BOOK on how to Make Books."
I pick a theme for one, say Italy, or Paris , or Art, or Travel.
Whenever I can't think of something I go down the alphabet, you know A -art, B- beach-  and so on.  
I make them mostly 3 by 4", or 4x 6" or square, whatever I want. Covers, binding in Japanese Stab binding , the easiest of all, and now I've learned the Coptic Stitch binding. 
I've given at least one to friends, family and even sold one.  But I'm on the roll again, it lets me be creative in another direction besides  painting.
  Here's a few covers and a page or two of  a couple of my themed books.
  








 My GIANT junque journal  BELOW  has a few more pages to go. Almost filled, with lots of "STUFF".    
 
                                    ^^^^ Nope!  It can't close.!!!










Not enough space here to put all the pages, but hope you like them.  These are  just a few pages, the drawings and art 'stuff ' is done by moi`.  



8 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is yummy!!!!(I'm a paper junkie too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! You are so creative with the compositions and what to add (I've never been able to do it - they all seem off or missing something, somehow). I can imagine friends and relatives would love these so much, but it would be hard to part with any one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh BJ - these are just fabulous...your creativity knows no bounds. Love the page with the Twinings tea and Zentangles. Take care and have a super weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love looking at your art projects. My counselor has encouraged me to start a journal, but for whatever reason, I still haven't been able to get myself to that place in my life where I actually start one. I really admire that your are so involved in your art and life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your creativity, really beautiful pages! I think it says something when you can't close your journal, packed it in with ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated and I'll be returning the visit. !! BJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...