Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Old Enamel Pot

Today is Thanksgiving Day and some of the things that I'm most thankful for are gone now but the memories stay on.  One is my wonderful, loving family. I am of Italian heritage. My grandmother came here as a young girl of only 13 years old over 100 years ago. This old pot was used by her to keep olive oil in  and I can still remember her  using it.  I have it on a table in my studio to remind me that although I am a proud American patriot I am here because of her courage.  And thats  just one of the things I'm thankful for today.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanskgiving, Barbra Joan! Yes, there is much to be Thankful for, but I never forget the "Giving" part of this season!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated and I'll be returning the visit. !! BJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...